[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10234: when "create new record" in list module, page (after) is last entry

Uschi Renziehausen typo3news at otherone.de
Fri Jan 23 14:33:05 CET 2009

Hi Masi,

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>> Hi Nasi,
>>
>> Martin Kutschker schrieb:
>>> Can we also have some slight rewordings:
>>>
>>> - Page (as last child in current page)
>>>   - Page (use wizard to position new page within current page)
>>> - Page (after current page)
>>>
>>> Especiall the "Click here for wizard" makes no sense.
>>>
>>> But this can be done in a separate patch. So +1 for this one from
>>> reading.
>>>
>> yes, i planned some other enhancements too but in another patch.
>> Calling the wizard make sense if you come from a certain point.
>
> I want the wizard, but with another text. The link text could be "Page
> (use wizard to position new page within current page)". See my try to
> use ASCII art to draw the page part of the new-record-wizard.

Hmmm, that link text has the size of a novel :-)

>> I would also like to have a context menu for pages in page tree with
>> "new page after" without calling the wizard.
>
> A context menu shouldn't be too large. The current page tree context
> menu is IMHO at the edge of being too large.

I agree in principle, but as was discussed last year in hci list, we could get rid of one or the other setting. To me having 'New Page inside' and 'New Page after' that opens up the page properties
dialogue directly is something I dream of.

Kind regards, Uschi