[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9975: Bugfix: Typoscript: CONTENT | slide: multilanguage not correctly respected in content_fallback mode

Stefan Galinski sgalinski at df.eu
Fri Jan 23 13:14:17 CET 2009

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9975

Branches:
trunk, 4.2, 4.1

Problem:
The sliding functionality doesn't respect the content_fallback mode
correctly. It delivers always content elements from the fallback/calculated
language of the current selected page. The attached patch fixes this bug by
an additional overlay check of the page record which is referenced by the
content element.

Steps to Reproduce (only in "content_fallback" mode)

1) Create a marker in a template which slides content elements of a
column...

template.bla = TEMPLATE
template.bla.marks.BLA < styles.content.get
template.bla.marks.BLA .select.where = colPos = 0
template.bla.marks.BLA .slide = -1

2) Create a page with a subpage and assign the template via typoscript

3) Create the content elements on the top page which should be slided

4) Create a translation of the top page and content elements

5) Test the result in the frontend for the top page and the parent page in
both site languages. Oopps...

BTW: I can't upload the patch to the bugtracker. I always get a timeout...
Maybe someone else can upload the patch for me? Thanks in advance!