[TYPO3-core] RFC #10228: Feature: displayErrors=2, but still display errors on CLI

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Jan 22 17:00:41 CET 2009

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Many sites set displayErrors=2 and have devIPmask to a list of IPs from
> the developer. This won't disturb the public, but the developer gets PHP
> errors, which is nice.
>
> Unfortunately this also disables PHP errors from being outputted when
> running CLI scripts (as there is no IP adress to check). This is
> particularly important if I set some cronjob running a CLI which can
> "break".
>
> So suggested is a new setting displayErrorsForceOnCLI (boolean) which
> will enable error output on CLI, even if displayErrors=2.

I would say "display errors in CLI if displayErrors==2". This is consistent with devIPMask because CLI runs on a localhost and localhost by default is in the devIPmask.

It also has an advantage: support people will see problems immediately. They expect to see them in BE with displayErrors==2, so seeing them in CLI will be natural.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team