[TYPO3-core] RFC #10220: Feature: Get some unit tests for the core

Oliver Klee typo3-german-02 at oliverklee.de
Wed Jan 21 22:25:38 CET 2009

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: New feature

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10220 (core patch)
http://forge.typo3.org/issues/show/2503 (phpunit patch)

Branches: trunk

Problem:
The core badly needs some unit tests. This patch provides the first
handful of them as a start.

Solution:
Add some unit first tests.

For running the tests from the BE, you'll need the "phpunit" extension
with the second attached patch. For your testing convenience, I've
uploaded the patched extension at
<http://www.oliverklee.de/.nobackup/T3X_phpunit-3_3_7-z-200901212218.t3x>.

Notes:
This *really* is only about getting some unit tests to run at all so we
have a start. I'll provide lots of additional unit tests in the future.
(And I'll be very happy to see other developers adding regression tests
for their bug fixes or for their feature or just because they've become
test-infected [1]. :-)

[1] http://junit.sourceforge.net/doc/testinfected/testing.htm