[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10201: Duplicate cHash Values

Dan Osipov dosipov at phillyburbs.com
Tue Jan 20 17:27:25 CET 2009

All,
This is an SVN patch request

Type: Bug
Branches: trunk
BT Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10201

Problem:
See the discussion on the english list with the same title (can't
provide a link to support.typo3.org, it doesn't have posts since
December...)

The basic issue is that sometimes links point to the wrong page. This
happens on our installation in tt_news due to large number articles.
Often, after clearing realURL chashcache table, links point to the wrong
articles. This patch should solve the issue.

Some extensions (like crawler) generate cHash themselves calling
t3lib_div::shortMD5, so they will be broken. For this reason the patch
can only be applied to the trunk. We have to apply it to 4.2.3 to solve
the issue, so I am attaching the 4.2 patch for reference. realURL must
also be changed to accommodate the larger cHash.

--
Dan Osipov
Calkins Media