[TYPO3-core] RFC: "Floppy" Icons

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sun Jan 18 15:47:57 CET 2009

Hallo !

This is an RFC.

In the tceForms dialog, for editing records, there are three icons on top for
* Save
* Save and Close
* Save and View

Those icons contain the symbol of a 3.5" Floppy disc. As we already tend to
reach the second century of the new yearthousand - 2010 - and almost none of
us used Floppy discs during a whole century - it is questionable if not some
other symbol should get used.

I assume many of todays younger generation didn't ever hold a floppy disc in
their hands ...

Altough we could "argue" that a floppy disc is a common and well known icon
for saving data (Whats the icon for saving in Word, Photoshop, etc. ???).

Any ideas, proposals for other icons, etc ???

greets,
Bernhard
--
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit des Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871-1919