[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #10155: Add controller switching for frontend editing

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Jan 15 19:00:05 CET 2009

Hey guys,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Feature

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10155

Branches: Trunk

Problem:
The recent frontend editing overhaul for version 4.3 moves the logic of
saving records into a controller in t3lib_frontendedit. This controller
works for classic page templating, but TemplaVoila (and other future
templating methods) may need their own options for handling moves,
deletes, etc.

Also, multiple controllers may be used throughout the site as different
branches of the pagetree use different templating methods.

Solution:
Introduce a new Page TSConfig option (TSFE.frontendEditingController)
and use t3lib_frontendedit as the default controller.

Also, in order to access Page TSConfig, we had to move frontend editing
a little bit later within index_ts.php. I haven't seen any side effects
from this move.

Notes:
I also added a test extension with an alternate controller that dies as
soon as a record is saved in frontend editing with a message that not
frontend editing actions are allowed. You can get this from the
bugtracker to help with testing.

To activate the default controller, set TSFE.frontendEditingController =
default in Page TSConfig or don't set anything at all. To activate the
the test controller, set TSFE.frontendEditingController = test.

Thanks,
Jeff