[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10017: [felogin] New Method for "forgotPassword"

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Thu Jan 15 11:13:43 CET 2009

Hey Steffen,

just had a quick peek over the 4.2 patch. I'm sorry, but I really have a
-1 for the 4.2 version (for trunk it's a different story).

My reasoning:

  1. You add a DB field, for all the admins out there that is a problem,
as they know that patch releases don't include such things. I think that
everyone who needs / wants this feature in 4.2 should just make a .t3x
from the trunk version of felogin.
  2. You do code cleanups, bugfixes and new features in one patch, I'd
say let's sort out the code cleanups, commit them right away, and then
see what's left.
  3. As for the bugfix with the additional "recursive" check, you have
my +1 for that.
  4. It seems like you're changing existing functionality in this patch,
(changing labels, modifying templates), as I hve a felogin in a 4.2
installation currently, I can imagine running into several problems when
upgrading from 4.2.3 to 4.2.4. Frankly, I don't want to risk the good
release policy we have with the patch releases in favor of this feature
(I know it's important :)).

All the best,
benni.