[TYPO3-core] FYI72: #10109: Google reports duplicate title tag

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 12 22:15:53 CET 2009

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

Type: bug

Branches: trunk, 4.2, 4.1

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10109

Problem: Google web master console complains about the duplicate title tag in the "showpic" eID script from the CMS extension. This script pops up when enlarge-on-click is enabled. The title of this pop up will be always "Image" if title is not given to the image in TYPO3. See the attached screenshot for the error.

Solution: disable indexing of this eID page if no title is provided. When title is provided the page should be still indexed.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team

Mr. Harris: People say that you were the last person to speak with Jordon...
            Is that true?
Cameron: I don't know. Are you asking me if people say I was the last person
            to talk to Jordon? Or are you asking me if I was the last person
            to talk to her?
Mr. Harris: I guess I'm asking if you were.
Cameron: I don't know.