[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #10097: Use native SoapClient implementation of PHP5 only

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Jan 12 10:35:52 CET 2009

Hi,

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>> If the list agrees that we don't need NuSOAP as fallback, we can IMHO
>> get rid of it in 4.3 without further annoucements.
>
> I do not agree. We keep it till 4.5 as anything we want to clean up.

imho the EM needs a complete refactoring which should be done for 4.5. I
have ideas how to do it, Jens gave some suggestions in mockup.
This would be the right time to make drastic changes, so i personally
don't see a reason to hurry and make such big changes for now.

When something like refactoring will be done it will break all XClasses
anyway, but i don't see a problem. XClasses often used to do something
that isn't possible with hooks, and as Masi told, it's not an official
way, it's something like a hack. If every developer who needs XClass
would report it as Bug we could insert hooks for. It's clear that
XClasses will be broken with major changes in core.

Upgrading for Clients are done all the same way - it will be verified
first if it doesn't break anything. If it does, other changes are needed
and it will only be done if client is willing to pay for.

vg Steffen