[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #10097: Use native SoapClient implementation of PHP5 only

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 12 09:46:43 CET 2009

Hi!

Martin Kutschker wrote:
> Then we have to agree to disagree. I'm not willing to keep all internal
> implementation details because an extension MIGHT use it although it was
> never meant as a public API.

This change can break things. Therefore it can be vetoed. I am ready to veto it if necessary (we agreed that this kind of changes can be vetoed).

> IMHO no extension has a right to XCLASS something. It's a nifty feature,
> that can fail with any release change. Only the proper API should be
> guaranteed to work.

Every extension can XCLASS something. This is what XCLASSes are for :) There are some custom EM changes that can be broken by the removal of the library.

What problem do you see in keeping it for two more versions? We do it with functions. We just need to add this library to a list of thing to remove in 4.5. There are larger and more useless things to remove in the core. Take a look to ADODB package: it has tests and docs and we release this multikilobyte junk with every TYPO3 version. Why not remove that instead? It will be much more useful than suddenly removing a library someone can depend on.

What is the purpose of this rush? We agreed not to remove anything suddenly.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team

Mr. Harris: People say that you were the last person to speak with Jordon...
            Is that true?
Cameron: I don't know. Are you asking me if people say I was the last person
            to talk to Jordon? Or are you asking me if I was the last person
            to talk to her?
Mr. Harris: I guess I'm asking if you were.
Cameron: I don't know.