[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #10097: Use native SoapClient implementation of PHP5 only

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Jan 12 09:24:15 CET 2009

Hi!

Marcus Krause wrote:
> I guess, you mixed things up:
> The proxy support is missing right _now_ and would be still existing
> after applying the patch!
> I think, proxy support for Soap Client and discarding third party soap
> implementations are two different issues - that's why I left it out.

Hmmm. I do not understand how was I able to access TER from EM through the firewalled connection if proxy is not used there? I could do it only if I entered curl proxy settings in TYPO3. This is what I remember. I can remember wrong of course. It is possible.

> To answer your second mail, Dmitry:
> As nusoap library was directly embedded in EM module, I considered it
> not to be an official library.

Still it is there, so XCLASSes and other extensions can rely on it. We have to announce it as deprecated and keep it till 4.5.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team

Mr. Harris: People say that you were the last person to speak with Jordon...
            Is that true?
Cameron: I don't know. Are you asking me if people say I was the last person
            to talk to Jordon? Or are you asking me if I was the last person
            to talk to her?
Mr. Harris: I guess I'm asking if you were.
Cameron: I don't know.