[TYPO3-core] RFC #9703: Integrate EXT: ingmar_admpanelwrap

Clemens Riccabona clemens at riccabona.biz
Thu Jan 8 11:11:46 CET 2009

> Clemens Riccabona wrote:
>
> Hi Clemens,
>
> > Ok Ingo, do it yourself.
> > I just came to it, like the virgin to the child, by pointing out, that
it
> > won't be great to include incompatible code into core.
>
> The intend was sure good, but the way you did it is far away from how
> anybody else new to core develeopment ever did. If you're new to core
> development there's nothing that would have kept you from asking about
> best practives. Everybody, including me, would have been glad to help
> you with any questions you have. Also, we lined out what to do, right?
>

> Ingo

Hi!
As nothing happend (or I didn't recognize activity on this), I have a
suggestion:

The problem is, that javascript-code for dragging and dropping may always
collide with other javascript code, used on the frontend.
So why not just include wrapping for adminPanel to the core, and make a
seperate extension for dragging and dropping.
So everybody can uninstall if there are occurring problems with javascript
code used on the frontend-website.
Because we have no control over the javascript code, someone uses on the FE.
And in addition, people are free to add their own wraps to the adminPanel.

What do you think?

Greets, and a happy new year from almost deep-frozen Tyrol,
Clemens