[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9052: [feature] Remove JS popup when login expired

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sun Jan 4 17:18:12 CET 2009

Hi!

Christoph Koehler wrote:
> As part of 4.3, the js popup when login expired needed to be replaced
> with something more intuitive.
>
> This is how it works:
> 30 seconds before the login expires, a modalbox window slides down with
> a countdown of 30 seconds and a button to refresh the login. This does
> not require username/password, it simply extends the current session.
>
> Once the countdown expires, a login form is automatically loaded. Login
> will refresh the session and the internal timer and allow the user to
> continue work as before.

Ok, I played with version 12 of the patch for some days. I still get "undefined" message bug it looks like FireBug-related and I do not see it as a problem.

I checked the patch once more and made small styling corrections. One thing that bothers me is require_once('../t3lib/t3lib_div.php'). I do not like '..' thing but I do not see any better way either (realpath() could cause even more problems in this case). So I say "go!" to the version 13 that I attach here. Let's hope that this "happy" version number will not cause any problems :)

Steffen, do you want to commit or should I?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team