[TYPO3-core] RFC #10567: Get rid of browser version dependent t3lib_div::clientInfo()

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat Feb 28 21:32:51 CET 2009

Hey,

+1 after reading and testing in IE8, FF3, IE7 and . I would even go so
far and change it as attached. (removing the "/" in Netscape and the " "
in MSIE).

Ingmar, can I commit this to 4.1 as well?
Stucki, can I commit this to 4.0 as well?

Just so you know how severe this is: The browser detection for IE8 in
TYPO3 does not work at all.
Without this fix, TYPO3 cannot be used in IE8 (clickmenu does not work,
in 4.1 and 4.0 it only gets displayed in the topbar, in 4.2 you get a jS
error), I'm sure some other problems in IE8 with RTE (basically all
occurences where FORMSTYLE of the clientInfo is used) are connected to
this fix as well.

All the best,
Benni.