[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10455: Feature request - recycler

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Sat Feb 28 20:40:45 CET 2009

Hey all,

just one quick remark that we noticed yesterday during discussing this
feature:

We already have something called a "Recycler" in TYPO3, which is a
special pagetype. Personally, I never used either of these two features,
however I don't like having two "Recycler" features. This could lead to
something similar to what we have with "Shortcuts" (the BE shortcuts and
the pagetype), which is hard to get rid of in naming.

Although I don't know a solution here, I propose that we either:

1. Rename the existing pagetype "recycler"
2. Move the functionality of the new sysext to an icon at the bottom of
the pagetree, with the same icon, and merge all recycler items down there.
3. Get rid of the existing pagetype "recycler" completely and add a new
option in the new recycler for the ones that were previously on the
"recycler" pages.

Don't know if this helps, but maybe somebody else has some good ideas
here :) (but we should then move the discussion to the dev-list)

All the best,
Benni.