[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10455: Feature request - recycler

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Sat Feb 28 19:00:16 CET 2009

Hi Michael,

Michael Stucki schrieb:
> Hi Julian,
> - When undeleting records, a confirmation box appears with an empty
>   checkbox on the new line (see recycler-1.png).
>   What is it good for? I think it should be removed.

yes, it's a bug and should be removed

> - Looking at the record history, I see that the record was deleted, but
>   the undeletion is listed as "insert" although I would expect
>   "undelete" here (recycler-2.png). Should be fixed.

that's indeed strange, as delete/undelete is done by tcemain which is
responsible for setting history data, should be debugged.

> - After undeleting pages, the pagetree must be updated.

good catch!

> Additionally to that, I think there is a mistake in the logic of the
> behaviour.
>
> Imagine that you have a page with content which is being edited all the
> time. Content gets removed, new content gets added.
>
> At some time the editor accidentally deletes the page. After undeleting
> it, however not only the page with the valid records is undeleted, but
> also all records that were deleted long ago.
>
> I think that undeletion should check the timestamp of the time when the
> records were deleted, and only undelete those that match.

that's indeed not an easy task. Using a timestamp as rule is also just a
try. Maybe it's the best not to delete content when delete pages?

vg Steffen