[TYPO3-core] RFC: #5618: Wrong cropping of multi-byte $TCA field

Michael Stucki michael at typo3.org
Fri Feb 27 18:24:47 CET 2009

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Benjamin Mack schrieb:
>> Hey,
>>
>>> Please check for the existence of $LANG before you use it (see t3lib_div
>>> for examples).
>> don't think this is necessary as $LANG is initialized in init.php. Agreed?
>
> In trunk, in 4.2 and before it is initialized in template.php.

I had to read it twice to get the point. But Masi is right with it!

I haven't tested this but think that there is a chance that init.php is
loaded without template.php. That could happen in frontend editing for
example.

Therefore I think the patch must be removed and fixed differently (or
not) for 4.2.

Alternative proposal: Check using isset() and is_object() if
$GLOBALS['LANG'] exists.

- michael
--
Use a newsreader! Check out