[TYPO3-core] RFC #9745: Add INSTALL.txt to TYPO3 source package

Christopher christopher at temporaryforwarding.com
Thu Feb 19 15:42:13 CET 2009

Hi Dmitry!

"Dmitry Dulepov" <dmitry at typo3.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1235030553.21699.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi!
>
> Christopher wrote:
>> You tell the Linux ... users to create those links.
>> I use Windows, so I won't have to do that step?
>
> Current version says:
>
> On Windows Vista or Windows 7 create a symbolic link named typo3_src
> pointing to the source package:
>           mklink /D C:\<dir>\typo3_src-4.3.0
> C:\<dir>\example.com\typo3_src
>
> Users of Windows XP/2000 can use "junction" program by Marc Russinovich to
> create
> links. The program can be obtained at:
>           http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896768.aspx

Absolutelly, so I will create the link to typo3_src with junction or with
mklink.
Exactly as I am told to.

But there is no line telling me I also should create those two links:
           ln -s typo3_src/t3lib
           ln -s typo3_src/typo3

That is the point.

Dmitry, I slowly get tired of this discussion.
Let's say, I understood how to install TYPO3.
It's kind of a pity, that you want to make it harder to understand for
others, but maybe you are right:
If they don't get it after reading install.txt, they can still google the
information they need.

Just use the version you want; with or without this info.

Christopher