[TYPO3-core] RFC #9729: Ship optimal TYPO3 configuration by default

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Feb 17 20:16:05 CET 2009

Hi!

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9729
>
> Problem: by default TYPO3 comes with unoptimal configuration due to the bugfix 0004962. It is time to change it to optimal. If some installation disable mod_expires, it is not a reason to ship badly optimized installation to the rest of the world.
>
> Solution: to make optimal configuration, rename the following files from _.htaccess to .htaccess in the TYPO3 core:

Comitted to trunk. The following files now exist:

./typo3/contrib/.htaccess
./typo3/gfx/.htaccess
./typo3/mod/user/ws/.htaccess
./typo3/sysext/.htaccess
./typo3/sysext/t3skin/stylesheets/.htaccess

Notice: Install tool file is left as is.

NEWS.txt is updated. I still need to check packaging scripts for correct packaging of these files.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team