[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #10212: Missing files in sysext install

Marcus Krause marcus#exp2009 at t3sec.info
Tue Feb 17 16:56:18 CET 2009

Steffen Müller schrieb am 02/17/2009 04:11 PM Uhr:
> Hi.
>
> On 17.02.2009 15:41 Marcus Krause wrote:
>> Without further testing, please mind that only trunk is invalidating
>> further GP parameter (cmd). I introduced that to be more generic and
>> allow an upcoming install tool to use AJAX calls for arbitrary tasks.
>>

> Could you please explain that a bit?
> What parts are are affected in trunk?

The trunk encryption key polling is different from that in the branches.
I'm not sure if it does matter at all for the cache thing, but the trunk
one evaluates cmd-parameter before whereas the branches are always
sending encryption key.
By that, in trunk the class can handle further ajax calls.

>> For Branches 4.1 and 4.2 the single task of the ajax class is to provide
>> a generated encryption key.
>>
>> Please do proper testing in IE!
>>
> Tested encryption key generator on WinXP  - IE6, IE7, FF2.0, FF3.0,
> Opera 9.63 and Safari 3.2.2
>
> What other install tool parts to test?

I guess that's enough.

As I said, I'd stay at the GET request and would rather see proper cache
control headers set in the AJAX class.

Marcus.