[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10338: Feature: NewRecordWizard with grouping and sorting

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Tue Feb 17 16:29:46 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi Jeff,
>
> Jeff Segars schrieb:
>>
>> Steffen,
>> I think the sort order may be messed up in this latest version.  It
>> looks like its sorting based on extension key rather than the label
>> that is displayed in the backend.
>>

> as i explained sorting is based on extension key. I checked again, and
> it works like expected.

I guess I misunderstood the previous conversation then.  Here's what I
expected (and what seems most natural to me).

* When specifying a manual sort order in TSConfig, the user always
enters the extension key since it doesn't change from one language to
the next.
* When sorting automatically (ie. no TSConfig for a particular
extension), sort alphabetically based on the label that is actually
shown to the user. This may be a locallang string, extension name, or
extension label.

The problem is that if the alphabetical sorting is always by the
extension key then it's back to an arbitrary listing like we had before.
I'm attaching a screenshot that shows the order I see.

>> Also, when I add a extension.title to the locallang file it does show
>> up in the backend, but the extension icon disappears.
>>

> yes, this was a little bug. I fixed it in attached patch. Please check
> again.

Hmm, all of the extension icons are broken now because its looking for
ext_icon.png.  At least its more consistent :)

Thanks!
Jeff