[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9975: Bugfix: Typoscript: CONTENT | slide: multilanguage not correctly respected in content_fallback mode

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Mon Feb 16 21:43:18 CET 2009

Stefan Galinski schrieb:
> Susanne Moog wrote:
>
>> I tried to reproduce this bug but couldn't because it's not really clear
>> to me what the bug is about. Could you perhaps be more descriptive about
>> what the wanted behavior is and what goes wrong?
>
> Hi Susanne,
>
> Thanks for testing! I have added the following as a comment to the
> bugtracker entry.

Hi Stefan,

thanks for clarifying, now I understand the report. However I am not
sure if this really is a bug or a wanted behavior. Imagine having a page
with content fallback and navigating to a not translated page, there you
would now see the fallback language content. If the slide displays
translated elements even in that case the result would be a page with
mixed languages, this could be why it is implemented the way it is.

However I agree to your change as for me it makes more sense to have the
mixed page, where the reader at least understands part of it instead of
having a fully not translated version.

So +1 by testing.

Regards,

Susanne