[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10338: Feature: NewRecordWizard with grouping and sorting

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Mon Feb 16 06:29:12 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:

Hi Steffen,

> to find a solution for the localized title of an extension I integrated
> lookup for following label in the locallang_db.xml (this one is used for
> all labels of extension record table used here):
> extension.title
>
> This is done for future as this label doesn't exists.
> The fallback will do following:
>
> 1) look for label "extension.title"
> 2) if no label exists, read title from ext_emconf.php
> 3) if it even exists not there (which should never be the case) use
> extension key

why not simply using the extension key always? This has proven ok many
times, is easy to understand, easy to implement, and is reliable.

Other than that, those who have to write that TS probably also know
about extensions and which ones are installed.

I'm just saying: Don't make it more complicated than it needs to be...

best
Ingo

--
Ingo Renner