[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10322: Send Notification if BE is locked

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sun Feb 15 19:01:51 CET 2009

Xavier Perseguers wrote:
> Hi Ingo,
>
>>> define('TYPO3_PROCEED_IF_NO_USER', 2);
>>
>> do you know when we introduced this constant? IMO it's little unclear:
>
> Looking at the logs, it was introduced by Dmitry on January 4 as part of
> a fix of bug #9052

 > * proceed with what?
 > * BE or FE?
 >
 > can we still change this / was it introduced in 4.3-dev?

It was only introduced to trunk, at least at this place. Other definitions:

t3lib/class.t3lib_beuserauth.php

-> If no user is logged in the default behaviour is to exit with an
error message, but this will happen ONLY if the constant
TYPO3_PROCEED_IF_NO_USER is set true.

typo3/ajax.php
typo3/index.php
typo3/index_re.php
typo3/init.php
typo3/login_frameset.php
typo3/mod/user/ws/wsol_preview.php

This constant already exists in 4.2! and as workspace seems to be
included too and as AFAIK only Kasper works on them, I guess it should
exist in 4.1 too.

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en