[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10320: Feature: Split css styled content templates in version templates to get rid of the compat version checks

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Sat Feb 14 18:20:37 CET 2009

Hi!

Susanne Moog wrote:
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Type:
> Feature
>
> BT reference:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10320

> At the moment the css_styled_content ts-template is one large (and
> somewhat chaotic) piece of TS that renders elements different depending
> on the compat version condition.
>
> For faster rendering and less chaotic code it would be nice to have
> different templates for each TYPO3 version. Attached patch splits up
> css_styled_content and gets rid of the compat version checks. (See also
> discussion on the content rendering list for further information)

I agree to the reasoning but I do not fully like the way it is implemented. Upgrading to trunk immediately breaks web sites that needs compatibility mode.

The solution should either use update wizard to automatically insert necessary TS to existing TSes or to use TS includes in the main TS file.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team