[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #9307: Remove an obsolete check for disable_exec_function in filelist

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Wed Feb 11 16:46:30 CET 2009

Hi.

Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
>> No, the patch just added a newline character at the end of the last
>> line. There is no empty line.
>>
>> Some TYPO3 source files miss the last newline, newline should always
>> terminate all lines in textfiles, even the last line. My editor (vim)
>> adds them automatically if missing. To show invisible characters in vim
>> use ":set invlist".
>
> No. In TYPO3 there must be no empty lines (new line character) in the end of file.

 From my point of view an empty line would mean two new line characters,
at the very end of the file. This is not the case here. I really don't
get why the last line in TYPO3 must not be terminated by a newline (one
single \n char, like for every other line) and I never saw this anywhere
in the documentation.

Anyway - to not raise an irrelevant and time consuming discussion - I
will stick to this weird point of view and will remove any newline
additions in my further patches from now on.

Regards
Christian