[TYPO3-core] RFC #10371: Feature: Render tabs as ul-li-list in getDynTabMenu()

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Fri Feb 6 22:21:32 CET 2009

Niels Pardon schrieb:
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: New feature
>
> Bugtracker references:
> http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10371
>
> Branches:
> trunk
>
> Problem:
> Currently the tabs are rendered as a table by getDynTabMenu() and the
> tabs are split on several lines based on a maximum character count. This
> is very inflexible and looks bad on wide screen where there is a lot of
> space on the right where the tabs could go.
>
> Solution:
> Render the tabs as ul-li-list using float to make it more flexible.

Wanted to do sth. against this annoying behavior for ages (having a 22"
display and in some installations up to 20 tabs), thanks for this one!

+1 by testing on FF 3 and Opera 9.63 both on Ubuntu.

Small note:
-			$noWrap = $noWrap ? ' nowrap="nowrap"' : '';
+			//$noWrap = $noWrap ? ' nowrap="nowrap"' : '';
+			$noWrap = '';

Do we want to have dead lines like that one lying around?

Regards,

Susanne