[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10369: Show existance of deprecation log in Warning Box and possibility to show and delete

Susanne Moog typo3 at susannemoog.de
Fri Feb 6 22:06:49 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> This is an SVN patch request.
>
> Type: feature
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10369
>

> Problem:
> Since we have the depredation log there is no way except external tools
> to view or delete the log.
>
> Attached patch adds a link to the warning box and shows the logfil in a
> small div with a delete link, see screenshot.
>
> vg Steffen

+1 by testing if you fix one small thing:

I clicked on "view deprecation log" and after viewing it I thought, well
I've seen it now, let's delete it and clicked on "Delete Deprecation
Log". It deleted the log and redirected me back to the "About modules"
screen, where I still get the message "There are deprecated functions
called either from your Typoscript or from installed extensions. View
Logfile (2.1 KB)". Clicking on "view logfile" now results in a php
warning, as file_get_contents fails (obviously).

(Oh, another short question: is there any rule where one should use
$LANG and where $GLOBALS['LANG']?)

Regards,

Susanne