[TYPO3-core] FYI72: Feature #10374: Add helper functions for additional frontend editing controllers and views

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Feb 6 21:49:20 CET 2009

Hey guys,

This is a SVN patch request and will be committed in 72 hours if there
are no objections.

Type: Feature

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10374

Branches: Trunk

Problem:
To support additional frontend editing controllers (ie. TemplaVoila) and
view (ie. fe_edit_advanced) a couple simple helper functions are needed.

Solution:
The getJavascriptIncludes() method does nothing in the default
controller that the core provides, but the TemplaVoila controller will
provide an additional Javascript file that extends client side frontend
editing to account for FlexForm pointers.

The forcePreview() method is used to set $this->ext_forcePreview
externally. The upcoming fe_edit_advanced extension requires that this
property is always set.

Notes:
Since these are helper methods for functionality that is not present in
the core, its difficult to test. If someone does want to test these
however, I can point you toward the fe_edit_advanced extension and the
TemplaVoila controller. Otherwise, we're approaching the point where
fe_edit_advanced will run as a normal extension without any patching.
Should be ready for public testing by the middle of next week!

Thanks,
Jeff