[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #10372: Clean up frontend editing actions

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Fri Feb 6 21:28:25 CET 2009

Hey guys,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10372

Branches: Trunk

Problem:
The frontend editing actions in t3lib_frontendedit have some small
inconsistencies and duplicated code that can be cleaned up.

Calling editing actions based directly on the frontend editing cmd (ie.
edit -> $this->edit()) can cause problems with reserved keywords. While
this isn't a problem in the current code, the frontend editing
controller is extensible so an additional controller that needs to
handle the 'new' cmd would have problems.

Solution:
This is fixed by prepending the cmd with 'do' instead (ie. edit ->
$this->doEdit()). Additionally, inconsistencies with saving and
duplicated code in the various move functions have been addressed.

Notes:
To test, I would suggest some basic sanity checking in frontend editing
to make sure that all of the commands still work.

Also, you'll notice that a call to trimExplode has had the third
argument changed from false to true.  This reverses an accidental change
when this file was created out of t3lib_tsfebeuserauth. Since it is a
separate issue, I can split this into a separate patch and commit as an
FYI if preferred.

Thanks,
Jeff