[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10357: Add gp as an alternative to gpvar in TS getText for a more consistent naming scheme

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Fri Feb 6 11:08:05 CET 2009

Uschi Renziehausen wrote:

Hi Uschi,

> So for TS removing deprecated TS stuff I would suggest at least
> 4 releases.

we already have a statement that depricated stuff gets removed two
releases after it was marked as depricated. Adding an exception to that
simple rule would only make it more complicated to track these things.
There will very likely be notes about what you have to take care of when
upgrading or some other means to inform you. 2 Releases are more than
enough IMO.

best
Ingo

--