[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10322: Send Notification if BE is locked

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Thu Feb 5 18:14:21 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:

>> If we're going to use the die() message, then it seems like that
>> should happen before login.  If we let the user login, then we should
>> use the ExtJS modal box.
>>
>> I'm sure there are some technical considerations for why this needs to
>> be the behavior, but I just wanted to ask to be sure :)  If it can't
>> be changed, then I'll go ahead and give my +1 on testing.
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Jeff
>
> yes, as i stated in internal list, this is not perfect. So my patch
> helps logged in users _not_ to loose their work.
>
> There is still the time window of the first 60 seconds where it could
> happen that user try to save.
> If BE is locked, you don't see the login screen because of die, that's
> ok imho

The die() is IMHO not ok, but I think this is not the scope of this patch.

When the BE is down for maintenance you shouldn't be able to login. That
means no login screen if BE is completely shut of (even for admins) with
a *nice* error page. If BE is open for admin you must of course have a
login, but the session should be destroyed immediately and the user be
redirected to another *nice* error page. On this error page the sysadmin
 should be able to post a message to the users telling about the time
schedule for the down time.

Masi