[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10322: Send Notification if BE is locked

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Thu Feb 5 18:11:25 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
  > yes, as i stated in internal list, this is not perfect. So my patch
> helps logged in users _not_ to loose their work.

Yep, that's why I'm fine with it even without those small improvements.
It's definitely an improvement over losing work :)

> There is still the time window of the first 60 seconds where it could
> happen that user try to save.
> If BE is locked, you don't see the login screen because of die, that's
> ok imho

One small clarification on this point: when the backend is locked, I do
see the login screen.  It's only after login that it tells me the
backend is locked...and that's what I have a small problem with :)