[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10327: [felogin] redirecting to referer does not work

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Feb 4 19:13:22 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Hi,
>
> This is SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
>
> Branches: trunk, 4_2
>
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10327
>
> I found 2 problems:
>
> 1) when setting referer, you come to login page. Now you enter your data
> and press submit button - referer will be overwritten with actual page
>
> Solution: save referer in hidden form field if needed.
>
> 2) the redirect process overwrites the redirect_url. If the last option
> has empty url, other urls are lost
>
> Solution: use array in redirect options, remove empty values and use
> last found url.
>
> vg Steffen

Hey Steffen,
2 comments from a quick read and test (not yet comprehensive).

* I see that the HTTP_REFERER is now being used with the GPvar for
referer is not set. It doesn't appear that this was the case before so I
wonder about including what appears to be a small feature and change of
behavior in 4.2.

* When should I expect the referer redirect to work with respect to
caching? From my quick tests, it only worked if I marked the page as
uncached.

Thanks,
Jeff