[TYPO3-core] RFC #4911: Add an option to add alternative external URL or shortcut for other languages

Francois Suter fsuter at cobweb.ch
Tue Feb 3 22:16:38 CET 2009

Hi,

>>> Will try the list module though...
>
> this is fixed in v3 now

Not quite there yet :-)

It works nicely when going through the new record wizard, but not when
clicking on the "New" icon in the header of the "Alternative Page
Language" table in Web > List. The attached patch adds this.

BTW: I had a hard time finding where to add this code because of broken
inheritance in the recordlist et al. classes. Indeed class
localRecordList (defined in typo3/class.db_list_extra.inc) inherits from
recordList (defined in typo3/class.db_list.inc), which itself inherits
from t3lib_recordList (defined in t3lib/class.t3lib_recordlist.php). BUT
in method recordList::generateList() there's a call to $this->getTable()
which is defined in child class localRecordList! I suppose
generateList() should be moved to class localRecordList, but I have to
check the core first for any use that might break. If I have the time
I'll do a cleanup patch for this.

Cheers

--

Francois Suter