[TYPO3-core] RFC #4911: Add an option to add alternative external URL or shortcut for other languages

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Feb 3 14:15:50 CET 2009

Uschi Renziehausen wrote:

> In 99% of the cases
> I can think of I would like to keep the doktype for the translation and
> not having to localize it. So it should be set to the doktype of the
> original version by default. Do you think, such a behaviour is managable?

actually, the change that should cause this behaviour is the one in
typo3/sysext/cms/layout/class.tx_cms_layout.php

this predefines the doktype for the new translation when using the "Make
new translation of this page:" selct field in the page module languages
view. (see screenshot)

How did you create your translation?

best
Ingo