[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10313: Fileadmin-module wrongly allows creation of trailing dot directories on UTF8 FS

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Feb 3 13:33:13 CET 2009

Francois Suter wrote:
> A side note: I also tested this patch on an installation with the DAM
> and the DAM is actually called inside the File module too. When the DAM
> is called, it is possible to rename folders to names with trailing dots.
> I'll do a patch for the DAM separately.

Hi Francois,

yes, this is also my experience. DAM relies at folder creation on t3lib_extfilefunc, but not at renaming.

IMHO we should try to let DAM use as much standard TYPO3 code as possible. I would have tried to provide patches within the next few weeks to remove DAM-specific code. Hope there would be enough time, if nobody else will do.

Steffen