[TYPO3-core] RFC: #10322: Send Notification if BE is locked

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Feb 1 17:35:45 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=10322

> If the file is present, init.php will die with the locked message.
> This only happens if you click anywhere in BE.
>
> The attached patch looks for the file in login-timout-routine which is
> called every 2 minutes. If BE is locked you will see a message box, see
> screenshot

Hi Steffen,

thanks for the patch.

Besides the fact that I don't like the message (at least not for normal editors)  I'd prefer sth. like choosing between [Wait] [Logout].

Is it possible to continue regular login-polls after clicking [Wait] or does the BE lock prevent this? This could help user to continue / save his work, after lock is released.

With the current version I think user will click OK, try to save his work and loose it..

Steffen