[TYPO3-core] RFC #12779: Save the previous selected type of backend login in a cookie

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Mon Dec 28 11:10:13 CET 2009

Hey Sebastian,

here is my review based on testing the patch.

First of all, thanks for the patch.

Second of all: Does anybody know why there is no interface-selector when
authenticating with openID? (just a bit offtopic, but i'm curious).

Anyway, I like the functionality and this is what I found:

* If you have this in localconf.php:
   $TYPO3_CONF_VARS['BE']['interfaces'] = 'frontend,backend';
then your patch does not work, as the value "backend" is not checked
for. I also noticed that the patch is limited when having another
interface like "iPhone app" as interface. So this is fixed by having a
generic interface selection.

* I upped the cookie expiration to 1 year

* I changed the interface selector observer to also check on "blur",
because then it also saves the original state if somebody just checks
the dropdown and does not select an alternative option.

Anyway, good stuff. Sebastian, if you agree with these changes, I would
commit this patch (v5) to trunk and after checking with Olly, maybe to 4.3.

All the best,
Benni.