[TYPO3-core] RFC #13096: Unable to disable thumbnails with thumbnailsByDefault

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Sat Dec 26 13:10:39 CET 2009

Steffen Gebert schrieb:

> Solution:
> If $this->MOD_SETTINGS['displayThumbs'] isn't set, yet, then read out
> the value of thumbnailsByDefault and set displayThumbs according to it.

So your solution more or less simply initalizes the MOD_SETTINGS value
"displayThumbs" to the value set in the user-setup. So a change in the
user-setup will only be recognized upon relogin/browser restart.

I think this behaviour is ok. It indeed is a problem not being able to
disable thumbnails in fileadmin if they are set to be shown by default from
within the user-setup module.

So +1 to your patch by reading, thinking and testing ;)

greets,
Bernhard