[TYPO3-core] FYI72: #13003: Move back methods belonging to t3lib_sqlparser

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Dec 10 18:59:21 CET 2009

Hi,

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: cleanup

Branches: trunk, 4.3

Bugtracker references:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=13003
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12758

Problem:
A few methods were copied from t3lib_sqlparser to ux_t3lib_sqlparser in order to be able to fix parsing bugs. This was due to the difficulty of having DBAL-only related changes committed to code in
TYPO3 Core.

Solution:
Now that this isn't the case anymore, those methods should go back where they actually belong.

Note 1:
Olly agreed to apply this cleanup to 4.3 too, which will also ease the maintenance and further bug fixes with patches for both trunk and 4.3.

Note 2:
I included all patches to be applied to Core trunk and Core 4-3 and DBAL trunk and DBAL 4-3 (as DBAL trunk already contains support for EXISTS keyword in WHERE clause).

Note 3:
This will be tested again on each branch (trunk and 4.3) before committing

Note 4:
This is a FYI72 as it was agreed that I may commit DBAL-related changes directly to t3lib_sqlparser but as I'm still "new" in Core, I let me breath a bit between patch creation and commit ;-)

Note 5:
Any unit test that was added and uses one of the methods that are located back in t3lib_sqlparser will stay in DBAL's test suites as it makes no sense to start splitting DBAL unit tests between Core
and DBAL itself.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers