[TYPO3-core] RFC #12609: Generating multiple directories for images in GB/ and pics/

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Tue Dec 8 11:40:23 CET 2009

Am 07.12.2009, 20:54 Uhr, schrieb Susanne Moog <typo3 at susannemoog.de>:

> any hints how to test this easily?

I'd say: clear cache + typo3temp and set
$TYPO3_CONF_VARS['GFX']['im_subdirectory_creation_levels'] (and
gb_subdirectory...)
and then have a look at typo3temp/pics/ (typo3temp/GB/) subdirectories.

It's a really interesting idea. Can we have other temporary files except
images to use the variable later also for those temp files? (so not
setting it in [GFX], but [SYS]). I'm also not sure, weather we need
different settings for GB and pics. I'm more for a global setting.

Regards
STeffen