[TYPO3-core] FYI24: #12958: Catchable fatal error in indexed_search

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 09:22:22 CET 2009

Hi!

On 07/12/2009 21:06, Benjamin Mack wrote:
> as much as this looks good, the error message is certainly not really
> descriptive. Can you take care of that when committing? Thanks.

Yes. I thought of it. There are lots of cells on this page and long cells make horizontal scrolling. Also technical message (such as "Error: data cannot be unserialized") does not look good from usability view. I thought that "Error!" shoudl give a signal to the user that something is wrong. Than he can call admins and ask to look at it.

I think I can add a tooltip with technical details about the problem but keep the cell short to avoid horizontal scrolling.

What do you think?

--
Dmitry Dulepov
"Trust me, I am a doctor!" (c) Gregory House, M.D.