[TYPO3-core] RFC #12947: saveDocNew saves on top instead of after

Steffen Gebert steffen at steffen-gebert.de
Sun Dec 6 15:49:15 CET 2009

Hi,

This is a SVN patch request.

Type: bugfix

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12947

Branches: trunk, 4_3

Problem:
#9183 enabled the saveDocNew button by default
It is very confusing that new entries are created on top of all the
records instead of after the current one.
The most common case (and expectation) is to sort them in the order of
creation.

Solution:
* Remove all the changes to SC_alt_doc::getNewIconMode()
* add options.saveDocNew=1 to the default UserTS.

Note:
Several core-devs were involved in #9183, so I'm curious, weather my
solutions is really sufficient - but everything works for me.

* Setting options.saveDocNew.TABLE = 0 hides entries
* Setting options.saveDocNew.TABLE = top creates new entries as first

Also I can't understand, why Steffen, Dmitry and Ingo agreed [1] that the
values "top" and "after" are releated to the old backend and should be
removed from documentation.

Regards
Steffen

[1]