[TYPO3-core] RFC #12072: Permanent login checkbox is not shown as expected

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Sat Dec 5 21:01:11 CET 2009

Hi,

This is an SVN patch request.

Type: Bugfix

BT reference:
http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=12072

Branches: trunk, 4_3

Problem:

As initially reported by Stefan Froemken:

If $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['FE']['permalogin'] is set to 2 and $GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['FE']['lifetime'] is greater than 0, then no checkbox for permalogin appears.
$GLOBALS['TYPO3_CONF_VARS']['FE']['permalogin'] = 2 means: Permanent login is forced to be enabled

Plugin felogin does not take care of value '2' as documented in config_default (and set as default value there). In addition, I could not find a way to respect the documentation:

// -1: Permanent login for FE users disabled
// 0: By default permalogin is disabled for FE users but can be enabled by a form control in the login form
// 1: Permanent login is by default enabled but can be disabled by a form control in the login form
// 2: Permanent login is forced to be enabled

For me value = 1 does not make sense as I don't see a way to *deactivate* something with the plugin configuration, in the form itself. As such my solution is

- change the value '1' to make it meaningful
- fix the use of value '2' in plugin felogin.

Cheers

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en