[TYPO3-core] RFC #12781: Bug: tceforms type do not work if the type field has l10n_mode == exclude

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Fri Dec 4 08:48:57 CET 2009

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> Fabrizio Branca schrieb:
>> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>> btw - i ask myself it tt_content:CType should get 'l10n_mode' =>
>>> 'exclude'
>>
>> I think this makes perfectly sense. Not only for tt_content, but for
>> most of the other situations where types are used as changing the type
>> often results in a complete other record usage. And this should not be
>> the case when translating this record.
>
> rethink - it makes not much sense. Think of following situation:
> You have default english, and you have a CE with an english video. But
> you don't have a translated video for german. So if you translate to
> german, you may change type to text/image and present same info with
> other type.

Then the German version (text) is not really a translation of the English version (video). So
marking the German version as translation (in the technical sense) makes IMHO little sense. TYPO3
won't be able to show you any meaningful hints for the German version. And unless you run the BE in
a strict translation mode (for every translated record ther MUST exist an original) you won't see
any difference.

Masi