[TYPO3-core] RFC #12897: Cannot parse SQL hints

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Thu Dec 3 13:27:31 CET 2009

Hi,

mysql use a lot of these commands. They are all written in comments
syntax to differ from other commands, and they are ignored by older
versions if they don't know the command.

typical examples:

/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT=@@CHARACTER_SET_CLIENT */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS=@@CHARACTER_SET_RESULTS */;
/*!40101 SET @OLD_COLLATION_CONNECTION=@@COLLATION_CONNECTION */;