[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bug #11834: Field handling API in t3lib_extMgm does not check for duplicates on insertion and runs superflouos insertions

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Mon Aug 31 21:15:53 CEST 2009

Hi olly,

+1 by reading und testing. The unit tests and my testextension are
running successfully.

Additional remark:
* one issue is left, if you add a field to palette that is already
present as normal field, the field will be rendered and exists 2 times
in the form. But this should be another RFC.
* what happened to me, if you add a field to palette with position of
another field, which is also added from extension, it won't work if the
other extension is loaded after your extension. It's the correct
behaviour, but the developer doesn't know why it's fail. I suggest a
syslog message, if a field from configuration doesn't exist in TCA, also
should be a seperate RFC.

vg Steffen