[TYPO3-core] RFC #11828: There's no possibility to hide versioning and workspaces

Rupert Germann rupi at gmx.li
Mon Aug 31 16:12:30 CEST 2009

hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner schrieb:
> To me that sound like upgrading to 4.3 from an existing installation
> would disable versioning and workspaces.

yes, right. thats why I wrote: "...resulting in versioning/ws being
disabled after update."

If that is the case, I'd like
> to say it with your own words: This is a No Go!

Ok, lets have a look what else is disabled after updating an existing
TYPO3 installation to 4.3:
- css styled content will not find its default TS-settings anymore,
resulting in a blank page.
- front-end editing will not work anymore
- simulate static will not work anymore

why is disabling versioning/ws more "No Go" than these?

greets
rupert